Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 11-13th Last Minute Preparations

The last of finals has come. A photography portfolio presentation on the 12th, that went really well. My graders and I came to the conclusion that I enjoy taking pictures of the overlooked people in society, the elderly and young. Many of the picture that I took from the semester had reoccurring themes like the pictures with natural frames and photos that tell a story beyond what meets the eye. After my presentation, back to the dungeon to study for my last final, art history. Saying that I felt slightly unprepared would be a fair statement. Waking up at the butt crack of dawn to do a little last minute studying, the day arrived which seemed to help. I think that the final went well. Tea and cake with two friends after the final and then off to pack for the trip of a life time. A few hours after my final on the 13th I set off to London and then the 14th off to Istanbul. Everything has happened so fast in the last couple of months. It seems like I have spent the semester counting down to important things. Ten days till my essay is due, two weeks until we are done with classes. One day till I set off to travel around. Why countdown? My time here in Glasgow has gone by so fast and now that I have less than two weeks left in Europe and three days in Glasgow. Maybe counting down has something to with being a math major, we appreciate numbers. As the countdown for my days in Europe slip by at an alarming rate the goodbyes pill up. The day I left to go to London, I had to say good bye to many friends that I have made here in Glasgow. Excited to travel but sad to be leaving friends behind, causes a mixture of feelings that leaves me unsure to what and how to feel. Until later, happy holidays!
To come: Istanbul, Athens, Rome, then back to Glasgow for a few short hours to pack then back to the midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment